Monday, September 3, 2018

Where does your food come from?

Happy Labor Day!  I hope you enjoyed your weekend!  I did but not at a fun camp ground or a lake!  My vacation comes in a couple weeks.  But first I have to get all my canning done.  Why do I do this all summer, every summer?  Yes, I grow several gardens of flowers, herbs and vegetables!  And then after all the hard work of getting them planted I get a bit of a break.  We took a vacation up to Munising MI to see the Pictured Rocks and explored lots of water falls.

Yesterday I used up the rest of the cucumbers.  I had quite a few, but they get kind of bitter at the end of the season.  So I peeled them, chopped them and made some dill relish.  I have made it before just winging it but this time I went to Pinterest a got a recipe to follow.  So I have to give credit here.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/62768988542014463/

This is how it looks, along with a few jars of tomato juice I canned too.  I just used up what was in the house.

I hope it taste good.  There wasn't any left to taste.

I love to dry herbs too, so at any giving time, you will find this in my kitchen.  I dry them and the put them in jars.  Some times I crush them and others I just leave hole.  I store them in the basement and I give them away too.


Here is another picture of some tomato juice I canned.  I think it is so pretty!

I rescued this beauty!  It had tipped over by the wind so I had to bring it in.

That its for today!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Happy Healthy Life,

Ronda





No comments:

Post a Comment