Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Fall Garden!

I haven't posted anything from my garden this year so I thought I would post some things that are still growing now.

 First of all I grew this one tomato plant that was called a Biltmore highbred!  It was a nice growing plant, it didn't yield very many tomatoes but the ones that I did get were amazing.  Only one of them had cracks in it and they were all huge.  The last one I picked was 1 pound 6.6 ounces and it was amazing!  Here is a picture of the tomato and a picture of it on a BLT I made tonight.  It gives you an idea of how big around and meaty it was!  And it tasted so good.

I still have plenty of herbs growing!  I have a parsley pot and Oregano growing on the deck.  I also have Rosemary and Sweet Basil growing here with my Thyme (that never dies) and a small Lavender plant.


I have a couple of tomato plants struggling to ripen the fruit, a yellow cayenne, a Jalapeno, a purple Pino Nior and a sweet Orange pepper that have tons of peppers on them but it just hasn't been warm enough for them to ripen.  It is supposed to be in the mid 80's for a couple of days so hopefully that will help.




I planted my green beans in mid July and they are going strong and these Tomatillo's just won't quit.  I started with 4 plants, I made a batch of green enchilada sauce and now I am just waiting to get a few more to make some green salsa!




Now the last thing I will show you is the start of my beet plants coming up.  Hopefully the weather won't turn to cold before they mature.  This is the first time I have ever grown them.  Then look at these to lonely acorn squash's that are left.  I ended up with 5 all together from the one plant.

Well that is it for my Garden news.  I will let you know how my beets do and how the green salsa turns out.

I hope you have a happy and healthy fall!

Hugs,

Ronda




No comments:

Post a Comment